Image Map

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

God Takes Care of the Details!

I have worked at College Heights Kindergarten for the past two years.  It has been a wonderful place to work! My kids went part time to preschool then went to kinder there.  They have had great progress the past two years.  I loved having them in a place that taught the academics and built strong character.  My son and daughter are kind and learned bible stories and songs.  They often break into songs about how Jesus loves them.

 We finished the year out and have been trying to plan for the future.  I am the type of mother that wants to stay with them.  I know someday I won't be able to go to school with them but for now I want to enjoy that.  I began my job search with the Public Schools.  I felt I needed to be picky about which school since my kids would be attending with me.  I had a list of 3 schools I wanted.  Application was done but no positions were open for the top picks.  I decided to apply to another school not on the list but close to my house.  I prepared all weekend for my interview and had my portfolio ready to rock it! I went in and was blown away with crazy questions I just could not get words out to answer.  I just wanted the bleeding to stop.  YES it was that bad.  During the interview, the principal asked if I received the email she sent to be prepared for the interview.  Of course I did not!! I was physically sick that I bombed this interview and my chances are blown to get a job t
here.  I went home searching my email account looking for this email.  It was not there in my inbox or my junk mail.  But what I did find was mind boggling.  I found in my junk folder, an email from a principal from a program I knew little about, a request for an interview for a job I did not apply for.  How did she find my name?? I don't want this job. Why does she want to interview me?? After pondering these thoughts and reflecting on my bad interview, I responded to her email and had an interview set up the next day.   The interview went great and I was intrigued but unsure of what I wanted to do. I forgot to mention all the prayer I and many others were saying on my behalf.  My kids kept asking what school are we going to? My response was always the same, I don't know but God has a plan we just don't know it yet.  Well, the plan was forming before my eyes.  One of the schools this program takes place in is my top pick! However there was no opening for it...yet.  I was offered the job, but I had to accept the job without knowing which school I would be placed.  I felt compelled to take the position and trust I would be placed exactly where God wanted me to be. Today I got the news I will be at my top pick!! I am amazed God cares so much for me! I love when I see his hand move in my life.  So many times we miss it.  We have such an awesome God.

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

1 comment:

  1. I am over the moon excited for you! Our God is amazing all the time! As I mentioned on FB, when I participated in that conference last Spring showcasing some of the aspects of that program, I immediately thought of you and what a perfect fit I thought you would be. So thankful for this new journey for you, Jason, and the kids! I may or may bot be equally excited about the new TPT resources you'll come up with too. <3 you my friend!

    ReplyDelete