Image Map

Saturday, May 24, 2014

SPLAT the Cat

Have you read these books? The illustrator and author are a perfect fit! My students had fun listening to the stories. Splat has great fears and the things he does to avoid facing them are quite humorous. I wanted to extend our reading into some sort of activity so I did a quick drawing of splat and we got to work.
Students colored tummy and ears with a pink crayon and then they painted the rest of splat with black paint in a messy fashion.  We added legs with construction paper strips, tail and pasted eyes on.Here is the completed product.
We were memorizing Philippians 4:13 at the time, which would be a good bible verse for Splat to learn and apply.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Students wrote the bible verse to go on our wall with Splat.
This is the book we read.

You could also have students write about their fears after reading this book. You can print a free copy of my splat template along with tail and paws here.

No comments:

Post a Comment